Wednesday, June 22, 2011

TRUTH, LIES AND THE POWER OF THE INTERNET





I have received the e mail below from a variety of sources. The story (if true) is absolutely dreadful. The problem is that I am not certain that it is true. There are a few points that I would like to bring to your attention:

1) In every e mail that I have received, the name of the sender does not exist. Why? If this is a true story and it had happened to you, wouldn’t you put your name to the e mail? I would!
2) This story has not been reported in the mainstream media? Why? If it is true this is a very serious and important story? But I can’t find it anywhere? I can’t believe that the mainstream media would conspire to keep a story like this out of the news!
3) I happen to have a friend who was at Movie Towne that night and who had gone to pick up his children who had gone to see X Men and came out at 11:55pm. He was in the area and saw nothing. Admittedly, this does not prove that it didn’t happen, but it is curious that neither he nor his family saw nothing, or you don’t think so?
4) The account of the incident has a “ring” to it that creates a lot of questions. For example, how was the sister able to shout into her cell phone “they killing him” and apparently suffer no consequences? If a robber saw/heard somebody using his/her cell phone while in the middle of an attack, wouldn’t he turn on that person … especially if the person was a woman? Why would the brother-in-law put his window down?


There are other questions which lead an impartial observer to wonder about the veracity of the story. But I do readily admit that the account might be true. I also readily admit that logical answers could exist for what is clearly a poorly written account. But I am not criticising here the lack of articulation in the narrative. The problem is that there is also a distinct possibility that it may not be true. We are not well served by false information being disseminated on the Internet. On the other hand, we should all take note, because none of us can afford to take the chance and ignore this warning, especially as it could just as easily be true. You might say that it is better to err on the side of caution than complacency. I certainly will be taking extra care even though I personally have some serious doubts that the story is true. But just as 'all that glisters is not gold', all that appears on the Internet is not necessarily true!



Dear Friends and Family,
This is what unfolded at Movie Towne P.O.S. on Saturday 18th June 2011 @ 11.55pm. My bother-in-law and sister were almost brutally MURDERED on the western side of Movie Towne car park. As the evening unfolded, I had a dinner party to attend however my son called me up and asked me to join him, my sister and my brother-in-law at Movie Towne POS to view the movie "X-men" at 9.15pm. Without hesitation I did. Excellent movie by the way.

The movie ended at 11.40pm and we all walked out towards the car park. We first walked my son to his vehicle to make sure he was safe. Then I turned to my sister and said "let me drop you to your vehicle." We were busy talking and without realising it I existed Movie Towne. My brother-in-law then said to me "don't worry we would walk back inside, the car is just over there opposite Excellent Stores on the western side," (a stone throw away from the security booth). I pulled to the side and they exited my vehicle and proceeded to theirs. I then called my sister on her cell phone while they were en route to their vehicle as I was feeling very uneasy for some reason. We chatted as they walked and as they got into their car she said "ok, we're in the car, everything is cool". I said ok, hanged up and proceeded towards the traffic lights.

In that fraction of a second as we both got off the phone and she turned towards her husband, she saw a very thin, young negro chap pointing a 38 calibre long nose at her husband's head. The criminal shouted "open your f****ing door or ah go shoot all yuh!" On her side of the vehicle were two more negro men trying to open her door and diagonally behind was a White B-13 with a driver. My brother-in-law at that instance put his glass down only to receive a gashing blow with the gun to his forehead. The bandit then pushed the gun into his chest and he (my bother-in-law) grabbed it placing one of his finger behind the trigger and holding the barrel securely. With death facing both of them in the face, the bandit continued to hit him continuously with a metal object bursting his head open in several places. While this ordeal was taking place, my sister some how managed to call me on the cell screaming hysterically "they killing him, they killing him... help...help!" I immediately spinned my vehicle around and drove straight over the median towards Movie Towne exit. As I approached the guard booth I saw my bother-in-law's vehicle approaching and as he came to a stop there was blood everywhere. Blood was gushing out of his head and my sister was still screaming hysterically and shaking. He was then hastily taken to West Shore Medical.

The security at Movie Towne was of NO HELP. One security guard said to me "these things does happen sir!" Another security guard when I asked if they were not going to ward off the area said "them fellas gone already, sir!" CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT? Then when I asked about the surveillance tape(s), they said "I not sure that working nah" I could not believe my ears. Is this the kind of security that Mr. Derek Chin provides at Movie Towne, P.O.S? The safety of people that puts dollars in this man's coffers apparently seem to be insignificant to warrant proper security facilities to protect their well-being. The restaurants and shops that are so well patronized means absolutely nothing. Should the new branding be "Come To Movie Towne, P.O.S. At Your Risk !"

Is this the kind of place we're going to let our children and wives go too ? Are we going to wait until one of our family members are brutally raped and murdered to do anything about this situation ? Do you want to be brutally beaten like my brother-in-law was ? Please ask yourself these questions before venturing there !

It is obvious that the current security are either involved or not equipped or trained to ensure the safety of its patrons. Chin needs to do something NOW about this, IT IS RIDICULOUS !!! MY SISTER AND BROTHER-IN-LAW WAS ALMOST MURDERED . The police indicated to me that this is a regular thing that happens there and they try to keep it on the down low.

Then check this out, the very same night about one and a half hours later in the said car park when security should be on high alert due to what just previously happened, a young man is abducted at gun point, brutally beaten, tied up and thrown out of his vehicle in the Chaguaramas beach area for dead. His car that was stolen was taken to Cocorite, to be stripped and sold I was told.

I've been informed that a group comprising of nine young men that target the Movie Towne P.O.S. is supported by a well organised "King Pin". ALL YUH HEAR WHAT I SAYING, YOU MEAN CHIN COULD NOT GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS ! WHO NEXT ? WHO NEXT ? CHIN THIS IS YOUR "BREAD AND BUTTER", DO SOMETHING NOW !!!!!

I simply ask my family and friends to forward this e-mail to everyone they know so that this never happens to them at Movie Towne, P.O.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment